Oliver Nash House


District 7 schoolshouse


This is the brick house built by Oliver Nash in 1805. The Nash brothers owned a mill nearby that often served as a landmark for road surveys. The residence later became the District No. 7 schoolhouse.


______________________


The Protective Grange was organized by Eben Thompson in the brick schoolhouse in West Brattleboro known as District Number 7, with twenty-three charter members.


Vermont Phoenix, May 31, 1873


-


-


-


-


-


-


-


Site Design © Vermont Technology Partners, Inc.