Dr. Orrin R. Post's Carriage Road At Left
Joseph Clark's Drug Store Sign With Mortar And Pestle
Anthony Van Doorn's Warehouse, Operated By S. Gates & Co. In 1853
Nathaniel Woodcock House At Right
Estey & Green Melodeons (Jacob Estey, Hatsel Purple Green)
Anthony Van Doorn Furniture Warehouse, Operated By S. Gates & Co.
Joseph Clark's Pharmaceuticals
The building at lower right is the Guilford church removed in 1832.
Old Baptist Church On Church Street In Center Distant
Joseph Clark's House At Far Right
First Passenger Station Built 1849
Freight Depot Built In 1860
Thirty Glass Insulaters On Telephone Poles
Man Bending Forward To Read Billboard Notice
The man posing with hands behind his back may be the photographer George Harper Houghton, a self-portrait taken in 1865. The buildings, signs, and businesses left to right include Joseph Steen's Book Store, John M. Edwards' "Sign of the Tall Pole" marking his dining and baths establishment, Perrin Simonds' boots, shoes, and rubbers, Isaac N. Thorn's pharmacy mortar and pestle sign, Isaac L. Sargeant's "Billiards" and "Meals At All Hours" in the old Hall's Long Building, the Phoenix Office, Thompson & Ranger's watchmaking and jewelry, and the new Estey organ factory.
Caleb L. Howe Photograph
Lucius H. Cathan Photograph
David A. Henry Photograph
View From The Town Hall Porte Cochere Rooftop 1917
Willis Bemis' Express Office, Far Right